The information on these pages can only provide general guidance and you should not rely upon it as legal or professional advice, or as a substitute for it.
The partners in Better Value Rail will always try to ensure that the material on these pages is accurate but we cannot guarantee that it will be free from error. Please note that site content may be changed or removed at any time without notice.
If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may become out of date, at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
While we make every effort to keep the Better Value Rail website up to date, we do not provide any guarantees, conditions, undertakings or warranties that the information on the site will be:
- free from bugs or viruses
You should get appropriate professional or specialist advice before doing anything on the basis of the content.
We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may arise from using Better Value Rail This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses;
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise;
- the use of Better Value Rail and any websites that are linked to or from it; and
- the inability to use Better Value Rail and any websites that are linked to or from it.
This applies even if the loss or damage was foreseeable, or arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
This includes (but is not limited to) any loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time
We acknowledge that may still be liable for:
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence
- fraudulent misrepresentation
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Requests to remove content
You can request for content to be removed from Better Value Rail and we’ll remove content:
- in order to comply with data protection legislation covering the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- if it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory.
Contact us if you wish to request for content to be removed. You’ll need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed. We’ll reply to let you know whether we’ll remove it.
Please note that we remove content at our discretion in discussion with the department or agency responsible for it. You can still request information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
The names, images and logos identifying the Department for Transport, Office of Rail and Road, and Network Rail, are proprietary marks of those organisations. Copying the logos and/or any other third party’s logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
Requests for permission to use any of our logos should be directed to the relevant organisation.
Content on this site is published under Open Government Licence